My mission is to develop inner creativity, a personal voice thriving for excellence, and entertain Australian audiences with music that is a reflection of uniqueness and creativity!
Thomas Lorenzo is a world renowned and award-winning guitarist, composer and music educator.
Thomas has released five solo instrumental albums in contemporary Jazz, Blues and Flamenco styles. His latest release Spanish Breeze debuted at #36 on the Top 50 JazzWeek World Music Album Charts in 2010 and was #32 on the College Music Journal Jazz Chart. The album features Grammy nominee Alphonso Johnson (Weather Report, Grateful Dead) on Bass, Dave Garfield (George Benson) on Keys, and Walfredo Reyes (Santana) on Drums, and was produced by Grammy nominee Bruce Sugar (Ringo Starr).
Thomas learnt his production skills at Berklee College of Music alongside producers as Don Puluse ( Miles Davis, Sly Stone). He has combined industry expertise and knowledge with commercial acumen to produce numerous CDs, manage the promotion and marketing for online sales as well as providing tour management and promotion for live concert sales including securing public funding for live tours.
Meticulously managed the entire production process for numerous CDs including:
- Europe Connection 4 with Green Lizard, CIRMA, 1998
- ‘La Musica i la Seva Evolucio’, 1998, BMG (Spanish classical, ethnic)
- Europe Connection 3 with Grammy award nominee Macaco, CIRMA, 1997
- Pil Pil by Francesc Capella, Nuba Records, Madrid, 1997 (Mediterranean jazz)
- Europe Connection 2, CIRMA, 1996
- ‘La Vida es Marte’ by Nurses, M Clan , DRO Warner Brothers, 1996 (pop rock)
- Europe Connection 1 with Brother Hood Foundation, CIRMA, 1995
- Flamenco Street Projects, Streetlife Music, 1995 ( flamenco pop, rock, grunge)
- Grao Music, ‘Audiciones de música Etnica española’ for first year primary school, 1995 (Spanish ethnic music)
Successfully composed, arranged and produced music for film and TV including:
- Astro TV. La Sexta ( daily national TV show), Spain 2011
- Fusion Sonora, Telecinco (daily national TV show), Spain 2010
- Orchestration of ‘10 mas 2’, Lauren Films, 2001, Warner Brothers
Thomas has a prolific musical education background. In the early nineties he graduated from the Berklee College of Music in Boston, USA under the supervision of Grammy award winner Robert Freedman. He has taught and lectured in a number or significant musical institutions including Paul McCartney’s Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts and “L’ Aula de Musica Moderna i Jazz” of The Barcelona Liceo Conservatory.
In 1995 Thomas Lorenzo was commissioned by the Spanish Society of Authors to write the first Spanish text book on arranging and orchestration. The text book “El Arreglo, Un Puzzle de Expresión musical” is now in its third edition and extensively used throughout the world in Spanish language music schools, universities and conservatories.
Currently Thomas teaches guitar and music in private tuition and group workshop settings. Although he comes from a deeply technical and theoretical background, Thomas’ teaching method is very practical. He likes to keep everything simple and custom tailors theoretical content to suit the individual’s natural musical learning abilities. Thomas is focused on helping individuals explore their innate musical talents, express their unique creativity and most importantly feel good about life.